Smoked Seafood Dip serves 6 to 8
To source smoked fish products we recommend Acme Smoked Fish. Acme products are also available locally at Healthy Living and City Market.
2 cups champlain valley cream cheese
2 cups sour Cream
½ cup smoked trout, roughly chopped
¼ cup smoked mussels, roughly chopped
¼ cup smoked scallops, roughly chopped
1 Tbs. lemon juice
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 Tbs. chopped thyme
1. Place smoked seafood, lemon juice and cumin in food processor and pulse until finely ground.
2. Add cream cheese and sour cream and blend until smooth.
3. Fold in chopped thyme and season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Serve with your favorite crusty bread or chips.
p.e.i. mussels, white wine, garlic
- 3 cups white wine
- 4 each shallots or torpedo onion, finely chopped
- 4 each garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 4 lbs. PEI mussels
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- ¾ lb. butter, cut into small cubes
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- Scrub mussels under cold running water with a coarse brush. Using your fingers or pliers, remove beards from shell.
- In a large pot set to high heat, combine olive oil, shallots, garlic, and mussels. Sweat until mussels start to open, about 2 minutes.
- Add wine and butter and reduce to medium heat, cover. Cook until all mussels are fully open, about 5 minutes. Add herbs and toss. Remove from heat.
- Pour into large a bowl and serve with your favorite crusty bread. Discard any mussels that do not open.