p.e.i. mussels, white wine, garlic
- 3 cups white wine
- 4 each shallots or torpedo onion, finely chopped
- 4 each garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 4 lbs. PEI mussels
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- ¾ lb. butter, cut into small cubes
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- Scrub mussels under cold running water with a coarse brush. Using your fingers or pliers, remove beards from shell.
- In a large pot set to high heat, combine olive oil, shallots, garlic, and mussels. Sweat until mussels start to open, about 2 minutes.
- Add wine and butter and reduce to medium heat, cover. Cook until all mussels are fully open, about 5 minutes. Add herbs and toss. Remove from heat.
- Pour into large a bowl and serve with your favorite crusty bread. Discard any mussels that do not open.